Wednesday 27 January 2021

2021...

 Happy New Year everyone! I know as I write this, some of you will be frowning and wondering why I am using "happy". Well as it is the first month of the year, that is the usual greeting, however the way 2021 has started is really far from happy. I have lost friends almost every day of the week for the last couple of weeks and still counting. True there is very little to be happy about but honestly, just waking up to a new morning is something to be thankful for. I take a day at a time, no long weeks of planning unlike before.

Something also to be thankful for are the Covid vaccines that are out, the only thing especially for those of us living in Ghana is to wait till possibly June when the whole vaccination process will start. In the meantime, all I can ask of you is to mask up, wash your hands thoroughly and practise social distancing. Only go out if it is absolutely essential and be quick....these days I just zip in and out of the supermarket...no hanging about or chatting unnecessarily.

Yesterday and today I had to go to a courier company and I was not impressed with their seating. In the main waiting area, chairs had been provided but people were sitting around like it was the good old days, that is close together. I got a couple of startled glares when I placed my chair within the required 2 metres away from the next person. Also the joined seating had not been marked, so customers were seated quite close to one another. We really have to step up and practise all the protocols because it is only then that people will really understand how necessary social distancing is! 

No comments: